Thursday, August 31, 2006

Pizza

As in Pizza Face. One of the newfound "side effects" to going off birth control is my hormones don't know what the heck to do - which has resulted in a plethora of various issues for me. Earlier this week - my boobs hurt so bad I wanted to sleep with a bra on just so they wouldn't move around any more than they had too. Also, my skin is MEGA oily on my face. This is just strange - I have battled dry skin every day of my life - litterally since birth. So now to have this oily gross slimy skin (just on my face mind you) is really grossing me out. LIke yesterday as I was driving, I touched my forehead for one reason or another - then put it on the steering wheel and my hand slipped off. EWWWW!

This, consequently, has resulted in lots of pimples popping up all over the place. No, they are not big gaping white oozing volcanoes of puss - yet - but at the rate I'm going I'll be there in no time. Right now its just a field of rolling mountains, no longer the smooth as a baby's bum skin that I loved. I hope this is just a phase as my body figures out what its supposed to do. If its not - I may very well go mad.

Luckily, I have some oily skin wipes from my Body Shop at Home days - so that has been helping for a mid morning de-oiling.....I also have a few Origins masks that I probably should start being a little more diligent with using.....they should help out a lot.

On non-pizza news - I have rededicated myself (yet again) to a healthier lifestyle. Not that I have been doing too shabby - but I have managed to NOT lose any weight since May. Or maybe April for that matter. I should be that suprised, I haven't made an effort to really eat that well - even though its always been in the back of my mind. I think the only thing that saved me from gaining weight is the fact that I have been much more active.

So, I printed out my eDiets menu for the week, went shopping, and after three days back on the wagon I'm down 3 pounds. Heh. Imagine that - a weight loss plan that works when you follow it :) Anyway, my new goal is 15 pounds in eight weeks, which is completely doable as long as I stick to my guns and eat what is planned out for me. It shouldn't be that hard - the variety of food is really wide and the recipies are hella tasty. It will just take a little more planning and preparation on my part. That will make for a total of 30 pounds gone. Oh yeah - I'm so gonna do this.

Also, talked to mi mejor amiga en el mundo last night - after about 2 months after our last phone call. What is it about people and not being able to stay in contact? I just don't get it. I think about my friends all the time, but for some reason when it comes to calling or even sending them a personal email - I just don't do it. I know I'm not alone in this........I know I know, life is busy and hectic and all that jazz.

Who said "Life is what happens when you're busy making plans".....

Anyway, I'm off to Mexico City for a meeting, then I'll meet Keith at La Taska for an Irish Car Bomb or two in honor of our friend Omar who is headed back home North of the border on Saturday. Then tomorrow, Keith leaves for a well deserved trip back home and I have the weekend to relax and do nothing. Maybe I'll head to DF to go to a museum or two....or maybe I'll just park myself on the couch and do nothing :o) Who knows - the possiblities are endless.

No comments: