Tuesday, August 22, 2006

**WARNING** TMI, especially for dudes

Its been a good 10 years or so since my body has been hormone free - I've done one form of birth control or another - pills, patches, and rings - to be honest I have no idea what my body was like before it!

So, now it is time to find out. My last ring was used last week, and this will be my first cycle without....so far no big differences. I am a bit more emotional, but I don't know if that is real or I am just imagining it.

Things to not look forward to - heavier/longer flowing periods. Ick. Things to look forward to - hopefully a jump start in weight loss! I am also looking forward to getting to know my body a little better - I started taking temperatures and "observations" according to the Natural Family Planning method (or sympto-thermo method if you will).

This also means I'm one step closer to having a drug free body. I plan on going off my depression medication at some point, but I don't think I'm quite ready for that just yet!

No comments: