Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Cold Ankles

I am seriously freezing my butt off. Its August and I’m chilly. In Mexico. I can’t even begin to fathom the heat that is sweeping the Midwest right now, because I can’t even feel my fingers. Its not that cold outside right now, maybe 70 or so, but these concrete walls are insulating it in here too well – and it gets pretty cold at night, about 45 – 50 or so. I think if all the homes were made out of concrete in the US, we’d totally be averting the energy crisis – or at least when it comes down to cooling our homes with electric powered A/C units…...next time I build my house – totally going concrete.

I think what makes it worse is that my ankles are cold. I wore short athletic socks today because I don’t have any other clean ones (Yes, white short athletic socks with black loafers – super HOT!). And, my jeans are too short. So I get a nice breeze right at my ankles. Let me explain why my jeans are too short – I got 4 pair of jeans as a work uniform, and they were hella long. So I had one of the muchachas (cleaning ladies) here take them home and hem them for like, $50 pesos. They were the perfect length, and I was so happy! Then I washed them. They didn’t shrink at all - you see, it’s the beauty of having to flippin’ air dry your clothes because there is no dryer. So everything gets all crusty and crinkly and wrinkly, especially jeans – it ends up making them about an inch shorter with all the wrinkles. And, I hate ironing - I avoid it at all costs. And I can’t find Downey Wrinkle Releaser here, so I’m stuck with wrinkly clothes. I suppose I could ask Matilde to do it once a week or so, but she’s already got enough crap to clean up for us. Anyway, so that’s why I have cold ankles – my jeans are too short because they are wrinkly and I am wearing short socks.

So, I put on my steeltoe boots because they lace up around my ankles to try to warm them up – so now my ankles are warm, but my toes are cold from the cold steel. And if my feet are cold, my whole body is cold – that explains my FREEZING ness.

I feel like I’m not making any sense today. I tried to write a report but everything that comes out is jibberish. I’m like distracted – like a flea or something. I dunno – maybe I just need to eat.
Or maybe I just need to go home and take a nap – I am super crabby…..grrrrr…….

Well, at least I can look forward to a trip to Home Depot to get some supplies for a new test I’m going to set up…..trips to HD always make me happy : )

8 more sleeps til Pat O'Brien comes to visit me!!!!

Over and out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the engagement :)

Anonymous said...

My ankles are too cold, too. Not because of the temperature here, though. I bought 2 pairs of jeans 2 inches too short, and 2 inches too fat. Why... well, thats another story. I hate them! When I sit down they sag and lift at my feet. burrrr.